Welcome to Year 3! We cover lots of exciting topics throughout the year including: Superheroes; Lights, Camera, Action; Groovy Greeks; Smugglers Rock; Flow and Grow; Postcard from the Caribbean.
On this page you can find useful documents, such as: the Year 3 and 4 spelling list including the ones that we will be focusing on exclusively in Year 3, links to help your child with their learning at home and our termly information booklets.
This term our main focus will be upon children reading everyday at home, practising the weekly spellings, completing their MyMaths homework and practising Times Tables securing their 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 10.
Please look for spellings in the small yellow book your child brings home. They have a grid showing spellings for the term.
Click on the links below for extra copies of the spelling lists and for a sheet with good ideas for how to practice and learn their spellings.
Year 3 and 4 Spelling List
Please find below the link to the Year 3 and 4 spelling list in line with the National Curriculum.
Autumn 1 Parent Booklet
Please use this link to find important information about what Year 3 are doing this Autumn.
Ways to help your child at home.
- Read regularly with your child, please encourage them to sound out and blend words that they find tricky and ask questions to check their reading comprehension.
- Practise Lexia (if this applies to your child). https://www.lexiacore5.com/
- Practise spellings regularly.
- Practise Times Tables using Times Table Rockstars.
- Use MyMaths to boost Maths knowledge and skills. https://www.mymaths.co.uk/
- Assist with homework tasks.
- If any of your child's usernames or passwords have gone missing please contact your child's Class Teacher so they can be reissued.