Welcome to Year 3! We cover lots of exciting topics throughout the year including: Stone Age to Iron Age; Light and Shadow; Groovy Greeks; Flow and Grow; Postcard from the Caribbean.
This year the Year 3 team is made up of:
Miss. J, Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. N, Passingham - email@example.com
Mrs. Beal, Mrs. Colyer and Mrs. Saunders, Miss Heywood
On this page you can find useful documents, such as: the Year 3 and 4 spelling list including the ones that we will be focusing on exclusively in Year 3, links to help your child with their learning at home and our termly information booklets.
This year our main focus will be upon children reading everyday at home, practising the weekly spellings, completing their Doodle homework and practising Times Tables securing their 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10.
Please look for spellings in the small yellow book your child brings home. They have a grid showing spellings for the term.
Click on the links below for extra copies of the spelling lists and for a sheet with good ideas for how to practice and learn their spellings.
Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spelling List
Year 3 and 4 Spelling List
Please find below the link to the Year 3 and 4 spelling list in line with the National Curriculum.
Please use these links to find important information about what Year 3 are doing throughout the year:
Ways to help your child at home.
- Read regularly with your child, please encourage them to sound out and blend words that they find tricky and ask questions to check their reading comprehension. This can be supported using Bug Club, however, should not replace you reading with and talking about a book with your child. Bug Club can be found at https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?e=-610&c=0
- Practise Lexia (if this applies to your child). https://www.lexiacore5.com/
- Practise spellings regularly.
- Practise Times Tables using Times Table Rockstars.
- Use Doodle to boost Maths knowledge and skills. https://www.doodlelearning.com/
- Assist with homework tasks.
- If any of your child's usernames or passwords have gone missing please contact your child's Class Teacher so they can be reissued.