Our children learn about British Values;
- the rule of law;
- individual liberty;
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
We encourage children to have a voice in the rules we have in school through a School Council with representatives from every class from Year 2 to Year 6.
Queen's Platinum Jubilee 2022
For the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in May 2022, we had plenty of celebrations and activities at school. One of these included the design and creation of a Time Tunnel, highlighting the 7 decades of the Queen's reign through our children's art and design.
Please see below a video of the final time tunnel and excellent work and effort that went into this celebration:
We highly value the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of our children;
- Spiritual development is the growth of insights, beliefs, attitudes and values which guide and motivate us. Through spiritual development, children can gain a sense of identity, their own self-worth and broader meaning and purpose in life.
- Moral development is the building of a framework of moral values which control our personal behaviour. There is a recognition within this area of development that in a multi-racial, multicultural and multi-faith democracy such as Britain there will always be debate about moral values and these will differ from person to person.
- Social development is concerned with each child’s ability to develop the skills, understanding and personal qualities necessary for living and functioning effectively in our multi-racial, multicultural and multi-faith society and to be able to contribute to that society.
- Cultural development is about helping children to understand their own cultural heritage alongside the cultural traditions of the school, the local community, those of the wider British community and the wider world. They explore these different cultures in order to understand, accept, respect and celebrate the differences and similarities they discover.