Free School Meal Applications and Entitlements
Have your circumstances changed with regards to your income during Covid-19?
You may now be entitled to Free School Meals
Children may get free school meals if their parents or carers get any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit – if your household income is less that £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only – if your annual household income (assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) isn’t over £16,190. Anyone getting Working Tax Credit won’t get Free School Meals regardless of income
Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying Working Tax Credit
For more information and guidance please go to:
Or phone on 0300 330 9472
If you do require any help, please do contact us.
ESBAS School Attendance Helpline: