Welcome to Year 3! We cover lots of exciting topics throughout the year including: Superheroes; Lights, Camera, Action; Groovy Greeks; Smugglers Rock; Flow and Grow; Postcard from the Caribbean.
On this page you can find useful documents, such as, the term's homework, Year 3 and 4 spelling list and termly information booklets.
Please find below the link to the homework grid. You should find a copy of the homework grid in your child's homework book. We ask that children complete three of these activities each term. Please can homework books be handed in once an activity has been completed and the teacher will return their books as soon as possible.
Please look for spellings in the small yellow book your child brings home. They have a grid showing spellings for the term.
Click on the links below for extra copies of the spelling lists and for a sheet with good ideas for how to practice and learn spellings.
Year 3 and 4 Spelling List
Please find below the link to the Year 3 and 4 spelling list in line with the National Curriculum.
Autumn 1 Parent Booklet
Autumn 2 Parent Booklet
Spring 1 Parent Booklet
Ways to help your child at home.
- Read regularly with your child, please encourage them to sound out and blend words that they find tricky and ask questions to check their reading comprehension.
- Practise Lexia (if this applies to your child).
- Practise spellings regularly.
- Practise Times Tables using Times Table Rockstars.
- Assist with homework tasks.